Published on February 8th, 2013 | by Postrunner Guest0
Advice: Travel Into The Far East Or The Wild West… But Keep Your Adventures Safe!
Take control by hiring qualified guides and drivers when touring a new country. Make sure that the car you hire for self-drive (for those daring enough to try this out in new terrain) is at par and up to standard regulations including its exhaust system. Invest in a map to cut down on costs and spend as much time as possible making the best out of the trip.
Other safety travel tips include:
- Read and research in advance on places and destinations to visit. Familiarize yourself with the country’s weather, people culture and way of life so that you do not end up being a stranger, which you really are, but do not make it so obvious.
- Get the necessary and relevant vaccinations required of you and know the health precautions you need to follow. Get a travel insurance while at it- very necessary for any foreigner/visitor
- Do not walk with your original documents when sightseeing or exploring. Keep the original documents safe and make copies or scan the originals. Use these for your transactions and identification. Avoid losses by transversing towns with your originals. Should you lose them, it might be costly for you and you might end up stranded.
- For obvious reasons, keep your valuables safe and distribute them. Do not put all eggs in one basket. Put your money in different compartments- not necessarily on you. Have some stash safe in case you lose what you had with you, you are comfortable knowing you have back up. Avoid being pick- pocketed. Do not advertise your wallet.
- Ignore strangers. Do not trust anyone who tags along from nowhere in your trip. Never go beyond being courteous and saying hi. There might be more to it than meets the eye.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended to in public. Moreover, never try your crazy dreams such as learning how to ride a motor bike in public in a new country. It might not end very well. Stick to the rules of a place to enjoy yourself more and not end in a jail in foreign land.